Monday, February 13, 2006

Irena P. (Working Title)

My tinnitus is particularly bad today.
It's affecting my balance.
I blame it on the culmative effect of 2 gigs in 4 days,
i-pod headphones at 30,000-feet
and a complimentary hotel cotton-bud.
They're burning effigies of the Danish Prime-Minister on CNN.
I say effigy. it's actually little more
than an over-sized ragdoll in a generic grey suit.
The joke shops of Istanbul are clearly fresh out
of novelty Anders Fogh Rasmussen masks.
My driver is a 25-year-old rockabilly from Stuttgart.
He drops me at the MCA studio complex on Attenburge Strasse.
There, from 4 different angles on 2 different lenses,
Marianne Faithfull pretends to masturbate me
through a "gloryhole" cut into a pretend wall
in a pretend sex-club
in a pretend backstreet
in a pretend Soho.
The camera, throughout, stays on Marianne's side of the wall.
Mention of Mars bars is kept to the barest minimum.

'Irina Palm': Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment