Thursday, July 26, 2007

Lohan jail website fetching £10K

Just hours after Lindsay Lohan was carted off to the police station for her latest arrest, fans began cashing in on her misfortune.
A bidding war has erupted on auction site eBay after speculation the disgraced actress will go to jail, with domain names selling to celebrate the event.
Currently, www.lohanjailed.com is valued at £9,700 ($20,000) and climbing.
Meanwhile, a Lindsay Lohan doll has been mocked up complete with moveable VIP ropes and directors chair to rest her hangovers on.
According to web reports, Barbie manufacturers Mattel say: 'this doll captures the likeness of Lindsay Lohan, and her fun, trendy outfit complements her fashion-forward sense of style.'

Earlier Lohan came out fighting after her latest arrest for drink-driving, appealing: 'I'm innocent'.

The dogged 21-year-old reportedly responded to an email from US showbiz site, Access Hollywood saying: 'Yes. I am innocent… did not do drugs they're not mine.'
The actress also defended herself against allegations she was chasing her assistant Tarin and her mother in a white SUV saying: 'I was almost hit by my assistant Tarin's mom.
'I appreciate everyone giving me my privacy.'
Her comments follow her dramatic arrest early Tuesday morning where she was picked up for drink-driving by Santa Monica Police.
They also reportedly found cocaine in her trouser pocket.
Police went after the Mean Girls actress after responding to a 911 call from another driver who said they were being chased.
The cops then pulled over a white vehicle to find Lohan driving with two passengers in the car.
The passengers were released and Lohan was later freed on bail for £12,500.
According to Police, Li-lo refused to take a breathalyzer but did take other sobriety tests which she failed.
She was then taken to jail after her blood-alcohol level registered .12. The legal limit is .08. Meanwhile, her estranged father Michael, has made an emotional plea to his daughter.
Lohan could face up to five years in jail as this is the second time she has been charged with drinking-driving and drug possession in two months.
The ordained minister, who served almost two years in prison for Driving While Intoxicated himself, said: 'I just want her to get it. Just get it, honey.
'Please, I can't take this anymore and neither can anyone else. I'm tired of all this. You need your parents and that's all that's important. Just let me reach out to you and be there for you.'
Asked if he thought the possibility of his daughter going to jail would help her, he responded: 'I think the first 24 – 48 hours of any jail time is good enough to serve a person," her father replied. 'It's a very, very trying process.
'I can feel what Lindsay is going through because I've been there myself,' Michael added.
Meanwhile her lawyer released a statement saying: 'Addiction is a terrible and vicious disease. Since Lindsay transitioned to outpatient care, she has been monitored on a SCRAM bracelet and tested daily in order to support her sobriety. Throughout this period, I have received timely and accurate reports from the testing companies.'
'Unfortunately, I was informed that Lindsay had relapsed. The bracelet has now been removed. She is safe, out of custody and presently receiving medical care.'

No comments:

Post a Comment