Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One Of Those Patrick Duffy Moments

I must have fallen asleep,
for when I awoke I found her gone.
Her side of the bed absolute cold beside me.
A cool minus 273.15 degrees Celsius.
But then I noticed her bespoken spectacles resting
on the bedside table next to the alarm-clock,
and I realised that the background hum
I could hear was the sound of the pump
sustaining hot water to the bathroom shower.
Like some kind of dream.
Like some kind of imaginary story.
Like Bobby Ewing at the end of ‘Dallas’ season 9.
Believe me. She came back. From Outer Space.
Like Fallon Colby at the start of ‘Dynasty’ season 8.
Which was a different show, I know, but let's be honest
it was all very much of a muchness really.

'Dallas': Title Sequence / 'Dynasty': Title Sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment