Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fishing for Phishers


There's only one thing worse than spam and that's thieving-bastard spam. But what are we going to do about it? Cry man-tears into our Shredded Wheat? ...is that what The Fonz would do? Of course not! The Fonz would play Fishing For Phishers and beat them at their own game. Simply create a fake account with a comedy name and start replying to their messages
Here's one we did earlier: -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!! From Microsoft Award Team 2008!!! Congratulations!!!
We are Happy to inform you that your E-mail Account has won
you $1,000,000.00 (One Million Dollars)...

... blah blah blah etc ...

Please contact the claims director below for further details:
NAME: MR David Moore
Head, Winning Claims Dept.
Email: agentdavid2007@aim.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry Charles-Winkler
to agentdavid2007

show details 22 Dec (1 day ago)

Reply

Dear David,

I received an email from your company a few weeks ago and firstly i must apologise as i have been unable to reply of late as i have been quite ill. I am pleased to hear from you as not many people contact me any more. Anyway i wanted to tell you that i must decline your very kind offer of 1 million dollars, you see i am an old man with no relatives and i simply wouldn't know what to do with it. I already have over £810,000 just sitting in the bank and no grand children to give it to. I have no use for money these days and prefer the simpler things in life such as conversation with a good friend. I hope we can be friends.

Yours sincerely,

Henry Winkler II

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr David Moore
to me

show details 14:56 (20 hours ago)

Reply

Dear Henry Charles-Winkler,

I am very happy hearing from you. Thank God you are out of hospital now. How are you doing and how is health right now? Hope it is improving?

I am glad to have you as a friend. I will personally ensure that your $1,000,000.00 is donated to chearity organizations here and I will let you know once it is cleared by the organisation.

I will like to know more about you. I will like to always communicate with you and if you can give me your address, I will try as much as possible to visit you within the xmas vacation just to say hello.

I will be waiting to hear from you my good friend.

If there is anything I can do for you, do not hesitate to contact me.

I will also appreciate if you can send your phone number so that I can give you a call while I am less busy.

Happy Xmas and a prosperous new year celebration.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry Charles-Winkler
to agentdavid2007

show details 22 Dec (3 hours ago)

Ehhhhhhhhhhh sit on it!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0KXRZfUCzwM

No comments:

Post a Comment