Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Every Red-Blooded Man's Dream Date

I’m hardwired a little differently
from your typical red-blooded slavering
heterosexual male of the species. I must be.
Otherwise this would all feel like a much bigger deal.
Hard to believe, I know, but she wasn’t the first choice for the role.
Kate Moss was unavailable, and Peaches Honeyblossom
Michelle Charlotte Angel Vanessa Geldof was far too busy.
Or somesuch. My inside information only stretches so far.
Behind the tinted windows of the silver MPV,
there’s complimentary sugarless chewing-gum
and the bottled water is strictly carbonated.
I’ve been instructed to program the number of
today’s Close Protection Officer into my Nokia.
Just in case. Though it’s not really me that
Johnny Paparazzi is going to be interested in.
Afterall, tomorrow’s celebrity gossip pages are hardly
likely to lead with the headline; “How did a sweet girl
from Ladysmith in British Columbia, end up stepping-out
with the 1994 UK National Student Playwright of the year?”
Although, wouldn’t it be refreshingly
less jejune of them if they did?

My "date" with Pamela Denise Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment