Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Willow Smith as 'Annie'

First she was all, "I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth!" and now that hair is going to be RED.





A remake of Annie is in the works thanks to Jay-Z and Will Smith starring 10-year-old Willow Smith.  If you're like, "Why the fuck?" let me explain...



According to NecoleBitchie.com:



  • Will Smith and his wife Jada own Overbrook Entertainment.

  • Jay-Z owns Roc Nation.

  • Jay-Z recently signed Will and Jada's daughter Willow to his music label.

  • Will and Jada have partnered up with Jay-Z to co-invest in Carol's Daughter, a freakin' hair product line.

  • They also co-produced the Broadway show Fela! together which was nominated for 11 Tony awards.

  • Overbrook Entertainment has produced films such as I Am Legend, Hancock, The Pursuit Of Happyness and the remake of Karate Kid to name a few (the last two of which Will and Jada's son Jaden starred in by the way).

  • PLUS, Jay-Z has famously sampled the Annie classic "Hard Knock Life".

Sooo, any other questions?  Like why wouldn't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment