Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tracy Morgan is sucking up to the gays

After it was discovered last week that Tracy Morgan made the worst joke in the world in his stand-up "comedy" show, he's been kissing some serious gay ass.





The 30 Rock star recently yelled (he doesn't know how to speak at a normal volume) on stage that he would kill his son if he acted homosexual. According to the review of an audience member on Facebook, which made this thing public, "He said that if his son was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N-word to death."



Sickening. First of all, I'm sure your son is really stoked that you wouldn't love and support him no matter what. If he actually is gay, he's now living in constant fear. Good job. But even more disturbing is even kidding around about murdering your child in cold-blood. That's psychotic!



Tracy has since apologized in a statement but that always comes off as forced and insincere because it's like, "Do you really mean that? Or are you saying this because you have to..." So EW reports the actor is going the extra mile with his damage control to try to prove he's not actually a violent homophobe and started by apologizing directly to GLAAD in person.



He shouted out loud, "I know how bad bullying can hurt. I was bullied when I was a kid. I’m sorry for what I said. I didn’t mean it. I never want to use my comedy to hurt anyone. My family knew what it was like to feel different. My brother was disabled and I lost my father to AIDS in 1987. My dad wasn’t gay but I also learned about homophobia then because of how people treated people who were sick with that. Parents should support and love their kids no matter what. Gay people deserve the same right to be happy in this country as everyone else. Our laws should support that. I hope that my fans gay, straight, whatever forgive and I hope my family forgives me for this."


But that's not all.



Next up, Tracy will speak with gay and lesbian teens who were deeply offended by his ignorant rant. Then he'll make a public statement about supporting the LGBT community. And finally, he'll hope it'll all be over by the time he shoots a PSA with the, appropriately titled for Tracy, "Amplify Your Voice" campaign.



I think they need to throw in a visit to maximum security prison where this not-funny asshole can meet monsters who actually killed their children. Then a trip to meet some real-life victims of horrendous hate-crimes because this guy needs to be BEYOND scared straight (like the TV show-- not hetero straight). And the final test... His son should tell him, "Dad I'm gay" (whether he is or not, while wearing a bullet-proof vest, with trained snipers hiding behind the curtains for protection) and see what happens...





They say a team is only as strong as it's weakest player. I think the same can be said for society and sadly, it's people like Tracy Morgan who set the world back. Back in the day, if you weren't a white male you had no rights. We've come a long way yes, but not even close to far enough when human beings aren't all being treated as equals.



Tracy is being made an example of in this case because he's high-profile, and we certainly can't punish him forever since it's ultimately himself who has to live with his own rage issues and closed-minded habits. But hopefully this right here isn't all an act to save his career and he will honestly change his mindset so possibly others will be inspired to do the same.



Lady Gaga can't do it alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment