Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Brittany Murphy's mom writing a book

On what would have been Brittany Murphy's 33rd birthday, her mother has announced she will be writing a tell-all book about her late daughter.  Uhh...





In a statement to E! News, Sharon Murphy says, "This book will be my way of celebrating and honoring her extraordinary life and career. Brittany was a kind, loving person who enjoyed each day, she was my life."



Sharon explains how this biography on Brittany will be an accurate account about her daughter's life, loves, and acting career.  To be fair, I think Mrs. Murphy wants the world to know what her daughter was really like, not just the media perception... But the only way it can be completely accurate would be if Brittany wrote it herself and was 100% truthful.  Obviously that can't happen, but through a mother's eyes... it's going to be a little bias, yes?  From what I remember in interviews, Sharon seems a little on the denial side of her daughter's demons.



Plus I'm a little skeptical because it feels a tad exploit-ish.  However, Sharon adds, "A portion of the proceeds that I receive from the book will be donated to charity."  I'm always curious HOW much that portion will be though...

No comments:

Post a Comment