Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Regis Philbin is leaving Kelly Ripa

Regis Philbin announced on Live! this morning that he is leaving after 280 years (I added a zero) on the show this summer.  Dude turns 80 (I didn't add a zero there) in August.  It's about damn time he retired.  AWE REEG!





According to the Associated Press, Disney-ABC will announce his replacement whenever they feel like it, but the show WILL go on with Kelly Ripa and someone else.  Seriously, every time I watch this show it already IS Kelly Ripa and someone else anyway!



Now the question everyone is asking is, "Who will it beeee?"  Anderson Cooper is definitely a favorite fill-in host among viewers but that dude already has his own daytime talk show launching soon (which I'm sure he's pissed about now)...  Kelly's hottie husband Mark Consuelos is totally an ideal candidate but I don't know how audiences would feel about a hyper married duo always blabbing about their kids, etc.



I guess that only leaves one option... Jerry Springer.

No comments:

Post a Comment