Friday, February 11, 2011

Carrie Underwood's man is traded to Nashville

Mike Fisher has played 11 seasons in the National Hockey League with one team... Ottawa Senators.  He got married last summer to country superstar Carrie Underwood and now all of a sudden he's been traded to Nashville where she lives.



CONVENIENT!



No seriously, I don't think the NHL gives a shit where you want to be playing and it just worked out this way.





According to TSN, the Senators are in rebuilding mode so they need to do what's best for their team which has recently lost 11 games in a row.  In exchange for Fisher, they got a 2011 first-round draft pick and a conditional 2012 selection.  The Predators, who have a real shot at making the playoffs, are just adding another top-line player to increase their chances of winning the Stanley Cup.



While the 30-year-old hockey player insists he never requested a trade saying, "I loved it in Ottawa. But if I were to be traded, I felt Nashville was a great fit for me."



Seems like a win-win for everyone.  No sex on game days, Mike.



Can I stop talking about sports now?

No comments:

Post a Comment