Monday, March 3, 2008

DAVID BORING.

I WANT TO DO A FUN ONE BUT NOW IS NOT THE TIME.

The funniest thing that happened this weekend was when my friend Hillary called me on Saturday morning while I was sleeping and asked me if I wanted to come to a “pho party” that night.
















I cheerfully/groggily accepted considering I had no dinner plans.










As I came to, she started sounding technical and I realized that she was making a movie and wanted me to be in the party scene. Ohhhhhh…...riiiiight.
















It turned out fine (eventhough I didn’t have dinner FO real until 3 am) and Jenna and I got to do a drunk-partydancing scene while sober, which begs the question "What's a Bogey Lowenstein??"









Doing drunk-partydancing scenes while sober is always fun/a rare opportunity that doesn’t often arise in real-life, at least not after you let go of your acting dreams at the ripe old age of 19 and go into HISTORY instead of THEATRE, a decision that may very well have been made while under the influence of the CHESS CLUB.





















I volunteered at the Art Matters opening party on Friday and at Nuit Blanche on Saturday, a decision that was apparently laughable judging by how this guy who looked like Emile Hirsch pointed and laughed at me when he found out I was telling people not to take their beer off the 4th floor of the Belgo building out of the goodness of my heart rather than for cold hard cash. Pretty much everyone I tried to assert my authority over laughed at me, eventhough I thought I looked really intimidating in my sassy green dress and pink librarian-in-training cardigan that totally screams “Shhhhh!/Don't mess.”




















Sunday night I watched My Own Private Idaho in preparation for how I want to go see Paranoid Park on Friday and thought it would be as good a week as any to review old Gus Van Sant and I like to miss River Pheonix sometimes.

















At one point, Bob (the old guy Keanu Reeves loves more than his mother and father but ultimately harshes hard) says “You’ve forgotten what the inside of a church looks like”. If I had the time, I would go into a classy ramble on church and how party shoes and church shoes are basically the same thing and how church pews are comparable to Bai Ling.





















HowEVER, I just can’t do that right now although it would be really fun.

Stay tuned for an ACTUALLY entertaining upcoming special on the shortcomings of Bill Murray’s leading ladies and why Alanis Morisette totally rules, Ottawa love aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment