Wednesday, January 21, 2009

SPEED OF GOD.

First things first. Is anyone really into this band called The Big Pink??
















I heard of them a few days ago when I was listening to this show on BBC1 with Annie Mac and Lily Allen as guest DJ. Lily played this track called Too Young To Love at the end and said these guys The Big Pink are her friends and everyone should get really into them because they are "brill-yint".





















[Hey Hugh!]

I really liked it in a familiar way but I thought it must be an old song I had forgotten by some old dudes she met when she was dating that guy from the Chemical Brothers, because it sounds kind of early-mid 90s but it turns out it isn't.

No one (of three cool-ish people) I asked had heard of them.

Does it sound a bit liked they've been trapped inside a heart-shaped box since 1993??


















Besides the dancey drum machine thing or whatever you would call it and that muffled car alarm noise, it's sprinkled with Seattleism.

Whatever, maybe Diplo remixed it like 3 months ago (when it came out??) but I'm new on the internet and really have been living under a rock for about a year and have only in the past month remembered that there is a lot of music to be found on the world wide web, as well as television shows?






































OH, WOW! COOL!

Anyway! I think I like this band and the video for this song is sort of cool too. Big up The Big Pink and Too Young To Love!!!


Next things next, I got a handwritten letter in the mail from my landlord (that lives above me) that told me NO MORE NICOLA and also wished my family health and happiness in the new year??


What made it so sad was that I went to the post office to pick it up, thinking it was going to be a fun letter from a friend that was full of candy or something...but NOOOOOO!

It was way harsh...but completely cordial.
















I live alone in a basement apartment. I've never had a wild party where we played suck and blow and I've never had noise complaints. My speakers aren't even loud! If anything, they are the loud ones. It's true! Whenever their parents are out, the teen boys play Eminem and AC/DC really loud and watch Steven Seagal movies like their living room is a movie theatre!





















Not that I care really, but still! I started thinking too much...are they mad at me because I left my Halloween decorations up until mid-November?? Is it the fact that I have had 4 post-it notes on my door since November 18th, 2007 as a science experiment to see how strong post-it notes are in the face of the Montreal winter?? Do they not like me because I am shy because they are very very French and I forget how to talk around them because I get nervous?? Are they mad because they saw me naked once or four times??

Telling my parents seems sort of like showing them a bad report card. Too bad I can't just turn the F- into an A+ like Stephanie Tanner...

















I don't really know why no more Nicola but what blows the most right now is that in my shower, when I turn on the hot water, nothing comes out. No water whatsoever. The cold tap dispenses cold. Now that my feelings are hurt, I don't know how to approach them...

This better not be some kind of sick joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment