Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor dies at age 79

The Dame Elizabeth Taylor passed away at age 79 today.  CNN reports she was hospitalized for the last 6 weeks ago with congestive heart failure, something she had suffered from for a long time.





The Hollywood legend starred in over 50 films which scored her many 'Best Actress' Oscar nominations including 2 wins... She was the first actress to command a 7-figure paycheck for a film, Cleopatra, in 1960.  Plus she was one of the first tabloid targets for her fast-paced personal life having been married 8 times with 4 children.



The London-born star, who suffered many health problems herself, was also known for her charity work and launched the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation in 1991.  Her fragrance "White Diamonds" has been a classic for 20-years and never gets lost in the clutter of other celeb scents.  And she loved her REAL diamonds too!



She was beauty, she was glamour, she was witty-- She was a REAL movie star...



Here are some of my favorite quotes from Miss Taylor:

(including some from her Twitter -- yes she was on there!)



"People who know me well, call me Elizabeth. I dislike Liz."
"I am a very committed wife. And I should be committed too-- for being married so many times."
"Big girls need big diamonds."
"Life without earrings is empty!"
"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
"You are who you are. All you can do in this world is help others to be who they are and better themselves and those around them."
"Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses."
"I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions."
"My mother says I didn't open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked."
"Mama, face it. I was the slut of all time." - from Butterfield 8.
"No one is going to play Elizabeth Taylor, but Elizabeth Taylor herself. Not at least until I'm dead, and at the moment I'm having too much fun being alive...and I plan on staying that way."


That last one is so true.  Nobody can even attempt to play her, PLEASE.





Rest in peace Elizabeth Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment